Welp, it’s Monday and it is a bit crazy over here. The little and I have been fighting a cold for about 10 days now, so this morning we went to the doctor for him and this afternoon we are going for me. The little has a sinus infection (poor baby boy), so we’ve got to pick up his antibiotics. Maybe we will get matching scripts…
It’s been a while since I’ve posted one of my playlists and since the little is napping, I’m able to get a post in. Yeah for multitasking!!! This playlist was mostly made up of recent downloads. Seems like the end of summer has brought some great new spin tunes to the radio these days.
This playlist is 47 minutes and is more of a speed workout with a couple of hills thrown in for good measure. As always, there are a couple songs that won’t play in Spotify. Sorry! I already talked about my love for the Rolling with the Tiger mashup. It’s amazing. If you haven’t taken a listen yet, get on it!
Here is the ride profile (along with some commentary):
- warmup (I’ve been waiting a while to use this song, I kind of forgot about it until the other day)
- playing with resistance in speed in all 3 positions. Each minute add speed and resistance and change positions- start seated, go up to second, end out in third. (Love this song. Had an old spin instructor that I’ve stole it from.)
- tabatas- 20 on/10 off (repeat 4x) (A So You Think You Can Dance inspired find!)
- recover and then get back on a flat road- Right/Left drill (This song is my new find. I haven’t listened to much of Wunder Wunder’s other stuff, but I plan on it.)
- around the world jumps on a small hill (an oldie, but a goodie)
- add resistance and take it up to 3rd. Alternate between seated & third. It will feel steeper when seated, try to maintain pace in both positions. (click the link above to fall in love with this one!)
- flat road- after recovering, play with resistance and speed. Add speed and resistance, then add speed or resistance and sprint on fastest part of chorus. (I want to hate Maroon 5, but I just can’t. #sorryimnotsorry)
- Add enough resistance to take it up to 2nd at a moderate pace. On chorus add resistance and push harder. (I seriously have this song on repeat. Cannot get enough.)
- small hill in the saddle. add in a few 8 count jumps. (Ummm, I know that the 14 yr olds are probably loving this song and don’t even realize it’s a remake. Word up.)
- back to a flat road and play with speed and resistance (found this song by watching So You Think You Can Dance). I actually have found quite a few good spin songs because of that show. There is another Club de Belugas song that they featured that I use as well.
- tabatas- 20 on/10 off (repeat 4x). (I love this remix. It’s faster and not quite 4 minutes. I can’t find it anymore on YouTube to share with you 😦 )
- cooldown & stretch
- continue stretching (Love this Summertime Sadness cover. The singer-songwriters get me every time!)
I hope you are all having an awesome Monday. Got any new music that you are loving?