So, I’m totally weak and lame. I have been coming up with some pretty amazing playlists lately, but alas, I have not shared them with you all. Weak. Lame.
With all this non-posting, you would think my life is uber glamorous or something. It’s not. Most days I’m covered in baby drool and trying to mask my under-eye circles while searching for new music during the ten minutes that Baby Man is napping. Here is what has been going on lately. Some pretty great stuff:
- It’s happening! A real cycling studio is opening in Knoxville and I’m going to be one of the instructors. I’m really excited and training is this week. Whoop, whoop!
- In post-pregnancy news…I tried on a few pairs of pants and they actually fit! Well, the fit well enough to pass. I don’t think I’ll be splitting any seams. It only took 9 months. Jeez. Maybe at 12 months everything will actually fit.
- White Christmas Cookies have arrived! Wee!!!!! My Oma makes these and sends them to me every year. Imagine almond cookie powdered sugar goodness melting in your mouth. Yum.
- Since the cookies are here, it means it’s time for Christmas movie watching– so far, we’ve crossed National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation and Scrooged off the list. Elf is in the very near future.
- Making new recipes for Baby Man in hopes he will opt for putting them in his mouth over throwing them on the floor.
- Wrapping presents. So. Much. Wrapping. Thank goodness for Target and cute wrapping paper. Now if only I could get my bootay to the post office.
- Christmas card sending out. I’m lucky that I didn’t die like George Costanza’s fiance in Seinfield. I think I licked roughly 75 envelopes.
- Avoiding death by tupperware. Yeah, I’m lucky I haven’t tripped, fallen, broken a hip, and gotten pneumonia from all the tupperware that Baby Man likes to disperse throughout the house. It’s a miracle I’m still here.
- Actively trying to win Starbucks for Life.
Welp, that’s about the long and the short of it. I swear, I’ll post some full playlists soon, but in the meantime…shake your groove thing to some Goldfrapp. No…it’s not a Starbucks drink.