So this is it…the playlist from my last class which was two weeks ago!
Like, I mentioned before, the last class I taught at the Y was hoppin’! It was nice to go out there with a bang and I think my Monday morning class really liked this playlist too. 12 songs, 45 minutes…it was good times.
This class was more of a power class with sprinting done at a heavier resistance. This was the gist of the class:
- warmup- nice & easy does it
- run up in 2nd with a few jumps
- flat Road
- up to 3rd on a medium hill, sit and surge on chorus
- heavy hill, witching between 1st and 3rd
- recover for 60 seconds then sprints- 50 on/30 off (repeat)
- jumps on a hill
- start on medium hill, small turns on “push the button”, stand in 3rd once hill in saddle gets too heavy
- flat road
- last working song- up in 3rd on a medium hill, sit and sprint (repeat 3x)
Have you heard Roving Gambler? If not, it is a remake by Norah Jones & Billie Joe Armstrong. Quite the collaboration, right?
Love. The Everly Brothers also have a version, which is pretty great. It looks like the song first came out in 1925, so there are a lot of versions out there. I thought this was a perfect song for a cooldown.
Well, another Monday morning is here. I woke up early this morning. Yay for pregnancy insomnia! It’s still really weird not to be teaching class. I miss it. I know I’ll be back at it soon enough, but still…
Also, just an FYI, pregnancy insomnia sucks! I know it is preparing me for all the sleep I’ll be missing out on soon enough, but really?!?! Cut a pregnant lady some breaks. Is that too much to ask from good ole Mother Nature? Don’t answer that. I’d like to keep a glimmer of hope in my tired eyes.