Gah! Where did the weekend go? How is it Monday already? Between trying to get things ready in preparation for Baby G (8 more weekends left) and Christmas, it’s like the weekend didn’t even exist. I kind of feel like this…
I’m smiling and singing, but inside I am freaking the f*!k out. I know, I know. Julie Andrews (aka Maria) is perfect! She never lets a little work get her feathers ruffled. I shouldn’t feel frazzled because there are 1,347 more things I need to get done in 8 weeks, but I do. Oh well. Just a spoonful of sugar will help the work go down. What? Wait. Wrong movie.
Anyhoo- we got a lot done this weekend. Three big items were checked off our never ending to-do list along with the other 25 items for this weekend that I won’t bother boring you with, but believe me, there was a lot going on! So, I know you are just dying to know what we actually got accomplished. Well…
We got certified in Infant CPR.
I was already certified, but Jeremy wasn’t. So we went to our first child class, Infant Safety & CPR. Basically, besides the CPR, it was kind of a waste of time. Bottom line was your kid could die in about 500 ways in 15 seconds. Yeah. It wasn’t fun. I’m glad we now know some of the stuff, but really, the class should have been titled, “Get ready to never sleep or be relaxed again” or “Watch out! Your child could kill itself in 876 different ways”. After 2.5 hours, we were on our way to…(cue scary music)…The Mall aka Worst Idea Ever. My husband never shops, but decided that we needed to get him some new duds at J. Crew. Good idea honey, good idea.
So, what else did we accomplish???
We got our tree.
Funny story about the tree. It didn’t look THAT big in the parking lot. When we got it home, a bit had to be taken off the bottom so it wouldn’t touch the ceiling and it may be a tad too big. Just call me Clark Griswold.
LOTTA SAP in here. Looks great! Little full. Lotta sap.
Yep, after the husband made two trips to Home Depot– one for a saw, the other for a new (bigger and sturdier) stand. We were set!
After the tree was finally set up, it was on to our next task before a neighborhood Christmas party.
We set up the changing station.
No real fun story here. Baby G now has a place where his poop and pee will be cleaned up off of him and sprayed all over us. Good times.
What I didn’t do this weekend was create a new ride for class this morning? So, what did I do? Recycle an oldie, but a goodie! I have no clue why I entitled this ride, Ready to Rumble, except that the song, Ready to Rumble is in it and it is a quick get ‘er done type of ride. It’s 46 minutes total, so it is to the point.
- Warmup- nice and easy, getting those legs warmed up and ready to work
- Fast flat road. A 6 on the 1-10 RPE scale. In the saddle for 1 min, 2nd for 1 min, and 3rd for 1 minute
- Sprints on a flat road. 30 on/30 off (really fun to do when your clock has gone missing & your iPod is halfway across the room)
- Flat road continues, on chorus, turn to the right and surge in 3rd.
- Jumps on a medium hill. 4 count or 8 count. This time I did 8 count.
- Hill continues. Add resistance on chorus and surge. Should feel like an 8-9 on RPE.
- Stay in 3rd, turn resistance back for a medium hill, sit and sprint on chorus.
- Flat road, work at a 6-7, RPMs between 95-110. Work on that endurance in the saddle.
- Last hill. Start heavy, should feel like an 8. Small turns to add resistance every minute. Recover for last minute of song.
- Sprints. 1st sprint- 30 sec, 2nd sprint 45 sec, last spring 20 sec. Sprints are on chorus. (Have you noticed? I like to use the chorus!)
- Cool-down and start upper body stretching
- Finish up stretching off the bike.
A fast & furious playlist to get in, get out, and get the most of your time on the bike! The playlist kind of went with my weekend.
I hope you all have a great Monday! Hopefully your weekend was a bit more laid back than mine.
Next spin is going to be a Christmas one…I hope! If you have any Christmas songs you think would work for class, let me know in the comments!