I always tell my students that the hardest part of class is getting there. Once they are there, clipped in, and ready to go…the rest is easy. I’m not sure if anyone believes this, especially once I tell them that the class is entirely made up of hills. Yep, true story.
I taught this class on Monday and Thursday (At two different gyms. Don’t worry, I’m not one of those teachers that has the same songs on repeat.) Unfortunately, I can’t take credit for the greatness of this class. I was in a bit of a class profile slump, so I took to the interwebs to find some inspiration. Inspiration was found at Bad Ass Fitness. This ride was so brilliant! I followed her simple theme, but changed the music up to make it my own.
- Head through the 80s, 90s, and today with three hills in each decade.
- First hill- a gradual climb, working between a 5 and a 7.
- Second hill we took it up to a 7-8 and stayed on a moderate hill with surges.
- Third hill was a killer, long, steep and steady.
- Back in Time – Pitbull (warmup)
- Sussudio – Phil Collins: shifted between 1st, 2nd, 3rd pos
- It’s a long way to the top – ACDC: surges in 3rd on chorus, add resistance, add speed
- Eye of the tiger- Survivor: In saddle first 2 min, up for 1, back down in saddle
- Ice Ice Baby- Vanilla Ice: added a few jumps
- Tubthumping- Chambawamba: surges on chorus, some in saddle, some in 3rd
- Free your mind- En Vogue: started hill in 3rd, took it down to the saddle
- It’s Time- Imagine Dragons: 1st, 2nd, 3rd position
- Roar- Katy Perry: surges in 3rd, add resistance & speed
- Stay- Rihanna: small turns every 15sec till standing and reaching max resistance. Final Push!
- Of Monsters and Men- Little Talks (Chris Cab cover): cooldown & start stretching
- Love Interruption- Jack White: stretching
The class really seemed to enjoy this ride and I really liked it too. It’s simple, but tough. It definitely worked up quite the sweat! I feel like my class making mojo is back a bit and I’ve got a loop profile all set and ready to go for Saturday.