Ah, all kinds of fun has been had around these parts:
- We took the little nugget to a pumpkin patch. He wasn’t thrilled. I don’t know why.
- We’ve been getting ready for Halloween. This means sewing a new zipper on my costume. I haven’t had that “fun” yet, but it’s on the list. I bring out my sewing machine once every blue moon, so it should be interesting!
- The little nugget has been teething real bad. Super fun.
- The Giants have been playing in the World Series. Probably more stressful to watch than fun, but we’re glad they are up one game at this point.
- Spinning has been happening, sometimes twice in one day. Always fun!
- Blowing bubbles in the house for the little nugget. So much fun!
- Passing my exercise physiology course to complete my CEC’s to renew my Spinning certificate. Not fun at all while taking it, but soooooo fun to pass and be done with CEC’s….for now.
So, I have a few new playlists/rides that I haven’t shared yet. This one I called “Weekday Fun” because let’s face it, sometimes you need a little weekday fun. Plus, I start running out of ride names when there is no real theme. As always, due to my mashuptastic/remix loving self, a few aren’t going to show up here, but I’ve mentioned them all before. I have a couple new songs that I am loving as of late. First up in my new song lust is “Shut up and Dance” by Walk the Moon and the other is “Fireball” by Pitbull. Now, I normally wouldn’t love Pitbull, but I do think he is great for spin and this song is just fun.
Here is the “Weekday Fun” playlist that I used a week ago. I hope it adds some fun in to the start of your week!
Here is what we did:
- Warmup- easy peasy.
- Alternating seated and standing flat, moderate pace between 85-90 BPMs.
- Hill to sprint x3- Start in 3rd in a medium hill, take one turn off & speed up legs, take off another turn & sit to sprint.
- Seated flat with varying resistance and speed
- Resistance loading hill. Start out seated on a small hill, add resistance every 45 seconds until you can’t keep pace and stand to 3rd. Keep loading on resistance until you are on a medium hill. Once you get there stay there.
- Reverse hill. Add one more turn, still up in 3rd, to take it to a heavy hill. Every minute take a good sized turn off (so you can feel a difference). End seated on a flat for the last minute.
- Power surges x3. Seated flat, add resistance to stand and surge.
- Seated and standing hills. Feels like rolling hill because resistance stays the same. Medium hill seated, feels easier when you stand.
- Tabatas- 8x. 20sec on/10sec off
- Easy flat to recover
Yeah! Fun! What kind of fun have you been having lately?
P.S. Speaking of fun rides, I actually get to do a Halloween ride this year. My playlist is ready, now to tweak the profile! Cannot wait for Thursday!